Re: RE: [TCML] Oscilloscope Tuning

Phil Tuck wrote:
Using my escape tunnel this morning to the workshop I found that with a 4kz
square wave input I can extend the timebase and get a much better trace
without the noise that I had at 1Khz.

This now clearly shows what I wanted to see. See
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/follies/temp/scope_at_4khz.jpg
This is a simulation of what you should see, and how the connections shall be:
http://www.coe.ufrj.br/~acmq/tesla/tuningsim.gif
The beats only appear complete on the primary side when the tuning is correct. On the secondary side the beats are always complete. The coupling coefficient just changes the duration of the beats. The small resistance affects the decay time, of course.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz