Re: [TCML] Lighting compact fluro bulbs

Yes, but the Tesla coil design should be such that the VSWR is very low as
opposed to a standard coil in which the VSWR is high.  Low VSWR can
assure more radiation than a high VSWR which insures large sparks.  You
don't want breakouts and long sparks to insure the most radiation.

Our coils will light up a neon tube at 3,500 feet using 6.5 kVA input
power.  Fourescent tubes light up at 1,500 feet, so neon is much more
efficient
as a receiver/detector.

Use a medium size coil running 3-4 kVA and a similar receiver coil.  Largest
possible toroid to reduce breakout.  Silver tinned wire on sec, not magnet
wire.

Dr. Resonance