[TCML] Bypass Capacitor

Hello All,

I have decided to put my 5KVA pushed to 7500, 15kv Potential transformer in
a transformer cabinet per Dr. R's advice and ground one side to RF ground.
The transformer will have a Joslyn 17KV protection gap from hot to ground.
Hopefully, it won't fire in this range. GE said grounding either side would
be fine.

Here's the question: I am thinking of using (3) or (4)  2nF caps in series
to ground as a RF bypass along side the Joslyn. They are 40KV TDK's. A
500Mohm bleeder string using 2 watt resistors per cap will be applied. The
gap is a rotor type and there will be a horn gap on that end. Has anyone
tried this type of configuration? It is basically a Terry Filter sans MOV's
and resistors and a lower Cap value.

This is a NICE transformer and I want to protect it.

Thoughts?

Jim Mora