Re: [TCML] Most everything you need to know about capacitors

William Noble wrote:
> the IEEE is a good organization for anyone interested in things
> electronic - if there are any on the group who would like to join,
> I'm a senior member and would be happy to sponsor your membership -
> that doesn't mean I pay for it :-)    it just means that "nominate"
> you - any IEEE member can do this if you want to use someone else.
> They publish a "popular" magazine called "spectrum" as well as the
> usual journals and transactions.  Once you are a member my
> recollection is that  you can access these articles using your member
> number.>
<snip>

Hi Bill,

Unfortunately, simply being a paid up member of IEEE does not allow you to download papers or journal articles from the IEEE Xplore site. You have to pay an extra fee (as a Digital Library Subscriber) to be able to download or pay of individual articles unless you happen to be part of an organization (such as a university) that provides access. Being an IEEE member may provide you with a discounted cost for downloaded individual papers but, unfortunately, free access does not come with just the IEEE membership.

BTW, if TCML members are interested in joining IEEE, I've found that the the following Societies are often quite valuable if you are interested in the high voltage, pulsed power, or power electronics areas.

• IEEE Power Electronics Society
• IEEE Nuclear and Plasma Sciences Society  [includes pulsed power]
• IEEE Dielectrics and Electrical Insulation Society

Bert (also an IEEE member)