Re: [TCML] magnifier efficiency, was : Hi power/ little coil??

Gareth,

Antonio's magnifier website is :

www.coe.ufrj.br/~acmq/tesla/magnifier.html

However typical spark gap magnifiers cannot develop
the theoretical efficiencies that Antonio mentions.
Antonio is a very smart guy and knows what he's talking
about.

There's not much other than that written up on the web
about magnifiers, other than just some pictures and
descriptions of projects such as:

http://www.tb3.com/tesla/magnifier/magnifier.html

One thing to keep in mind about magnifiers is that although
the primary to secondary coupling is very tight, the overall
coupling is not as tight.  In fact the overall (effective) coupling
is similar to that of a typical classic TC.  Antonio discusses that
at his site also.

I mention just a few comments about magnifiers at my website
at:

  http://futuret.110mb.com

In any case it's good to keep in mind that there are many
myths about magnifiers, "out there".

John