Re: [TCML] Salient Pole Query

Hello.

Well thanks for such prompt replies everyone. I had already picked up your
website from the archives John, and was already planning on building your
circuit. In the web article it is mentioned to make the width of the flats
equal to the measurement from the midpoint of one pole [that's adjacent to
the 'dead' one] to the corresponding midpoint  of the pole on the other
side.

Taking your 'quarter width' policy onboard, if I measure my rotor's diameter
is there any point in 'adjusting' this figure slightly [up or down in size]
so that its final width bears a direct relationship to my own poles spacing?

E.G. if 3 poles measure 1 inch midpoint to midpoint, and a quarter diameter
flat would turn out to be 0.9 inch, is it better to make the flat 0.1 inch
wider at 1 inch.

I know it's no extra work but is there any gain?

Regards

Phil