Re: [TCML] wheelchair motor

Hey Scott...

Im going to assume that the motor is one of the "pulse motor" types ( the real name eludes me at the moment) ... If you put enuf voltage and current thru it, I would say yes it will burn out. But, if you put in the rated volts and current, all you will get is a motor that will lock into position and not move any further while the voltage is applied.
Scot D

Scott Bogard wrote:

Hey guys,
I am planning on using a wheelchair motor for a project, my question is can I put raw DC through it or will that burn it out. Please respond off list as this is somewhat off topic (unless I were using the motor for a ASRSG, but I'm not.)

Scott Bogard.