Re: [TCML] VTTC Plate Transformer

Try running them in parallel and then use a voltage doubler --- you get
twice the current and twice the
voltage of a single MOT.

If you want to run the MOTs in a climbing arc or a classic style Tesla coil,
I just happen to have some
nice laminated cores for current control.  I wound up a few with 300 turns
of #12 AWG and they limited
the MOT short circuit current to exactly 16 Amps.  A pair of MOTs, with one
of these reactors in series
with each primary, running off two separate 120 VAC, 20 Amp outlets, with
the sec hooked in series,
would provide 120 VAC, 32 Amps effective input, with a 4 kV output --- 3,840
Watts.  Typical 4 ft
long sec sparks with a 10 inch dia sec coil.

I will a few available at Tesla Fest 2008 on Sept. 6th.

Dr. Resonance