RE: [TCML] Caps

I would have to agree with Conor.  I made two attempts at rolled poly/foil caps, also using a vacuum pump and doing lots of research and doing everything right.  Both attempts ended in a stinking mess, one of them having blown its oil all over my garage floor.  In addition to being very labor-intensive, the rolled cap was not inexpensive, despite being simple in concept.  I agree that it looked cool and I would have used it with great pride, having built it from scratch.  I was fortunate to have scored some suitably sized Maxwell caps at a flea market, and these are what I principally use now.  But for those not so blessed, I can't recommend anything but an MMC.  If you must have a do it yourself cap, glass bottle caps are probably a better alternative, if bulk, weight, losses, and spillage are not an issue.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA