RE: [TCML] Great DVD!

Bert,
I forgot to add...

The emulsion from Kinraide's time is apparently ".5" or "1/2" with regard to modern film speeds of 100, 200, 400, etc.  So much, much slower!  But...having said that, the images are filled, and the exposures were apparently only a few seconds if not less.  The only real key will be to reproduce the emulsion exactly, and make 1890s glass plate negatives for ourselves.  This is "in the works", hopefully will be completed next year.  I know in the TBK family, there are still some 18 x 22" negatives still in existance.  There is a chance that we can make contact prints with these also within the next year.  My fingers are definately crossed.

I think the homemade 1890s glass negatives will prove useful, if for nothing else than to make actual photos of Tesla coils in operation (as well as Lichtenberg Figures).  It would be interesting to replicate some of Tesla's coil operation photos and see (with the same exposure times) the results with similar coils.
The other interesting experiment would be to reproduce some X-Rays using Tesla Coils on the glass negatives.  Exposure times, which were normally several minutes (even 5, 10 minutes!) with static machines and induction coils were reduced to seconds with Tesla coils.  The problem with TCs is that if special tubes were not used, or the circuits not operating ideally the images would be disasterous - blurry, or ill-defined.

Please give my very best regard to Harry Goldman if he goes to Ed Wingate's Teslathon.  I want to meet him in such a bad way, and am financially stuck for the time being, like many.

Jeff