Re: [TCML] Toroid Problems

David Kantay wrote:
Hello All,

I am new to this group.  I saw some of the videos and I was
mind-blown!  Never saw such things other than in SciFi movies!  Very
cool !!  I don't have a Tesla Coil yet, but I was making plans for
building one.

I am currently doing some academic research on high electric
currents.  What I am trying to do is reaching the maximum temperature
that could be reached by passing electric current through a conductor
and the consequences of that.  Has anyone tried this kind of
experiment?  If you have any experience or ideas about it, I would be
very happy to know.

Thanks a bunch!

Isik

Hi Isik,

Considerable research has been conducted in the area of exploding wires for explosive detonation, shock wave research, fast Z-pinch, high density plasmas, etc. Contact me off-list to discuss since this is very off topic for Tesla Coils.

Bert