RE: [TCML] Toroid Problems

I see no mention of what you're using for a capacitor, or primary coil. You have verified that the primary and secondary resonant frequencies match, right?  It does sound like they don't match with the toroid in place, but YOU need to gather all the numbers and verify this.  One can't just throw together an NST, capacitor, primary and secondary coils, and hope it will all play together.  If any one of them is the wrong value, it will be out of tune and won't work.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA