To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, August 03, 2008 6:09 PM
Subject: [TCML] wire gage

Hey all,
    My Cousin and I had a debate today about wire gage from the High
voltage output of a Pole pig (or other similar transformer.)  I told him
for Tesla coil applications that 14 AWG would be sufficient, and that
insulation is more important.  He thinks that I should have a larger
gage (like 10,) and that insulation is also important (unless you
suspend the wires an don't allow them to touch anything of course.)  We
both agree the tank wire should be thicker, we are just concerned about
getting the power there.  He wants to here it from the "experts," so a
few responses yea, or nay, would be appreciated.  Thanks for settling this.

Scott Bogard.