RE: [TCML] toroid discharge

The toroid is a capacitor. One side is the Earth, and the other side is connected to the top of the secondary, the air being the dielectric.  However, as the top of the secondary is connected to the Earth through the secondary winding, any residual DC charge will rapidly be discharged through the secondary winding.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA