Re: [TCML] pole pig minus case

Hello everyone,

This thread kind of reminds me of a question that's been bouncing around in my mind; I can see the limitations of using too small of a power supply on a larger coil. However, assuming that one is using a variac and/or adjustable ballast to control the output, is there any problem with using an overly large supply on smaller coils, as long as output is controlled? Hypothetically, could a smaller (2" secondary for example) coil be effectively run with a pig for example, without loss of performance? Yes, I know it's way overkill, but could it be done? Just wondering,

Neal.

Hey Jorges...

I personally prefer to leave them in oil... you never know when you may get the urge to run longer than a minute.... and I suppose eventually the paper will dry out and may become a source of arc material....
maybe you can find a small Ice Chest that will hold the piggie...

whats the sence of owning a Ferrari or Lamborghini if you only plan to drive it at a maximum of 55MPH??? :)~

Scot D