Sent: Thursday, April 17, 2008 5:07 AM
Subject: Re: [TCML] IGBT 1200V, 54A

BTW, Chris, these mods aren't new. We've known about them for many years. The problem I have is that I have no idea if they are worth while or not. I've never heard of a coiler trying one. The TCML has discussed these several years ago, but rhe prices were enormous (just like now), so not much more was discussed. We are still at that same cross road I guess.

What did come into play between your post and the older ones which were identical, is the DRSSTC's and Terry's SISG. These were low cost compared to the high cost items you described (which others have also described in the past).

It's not new, it's simply out of the price of even the wealthy. However, if I ever win the Power Ball (and I won't because I rarely play), I will give it a go.

Take care,
Bart

bartb wrote:
Very interesting Chris! This module in TC service is for companies like KVA Effects or those who's customers can afford the extreme components or be built into the cost of the systems, could fine these modules worthwhile. However, R&D test must be made first. It's possible the heat is high and losses are large. Wish I had one to experiment with!

Take care,
Bart

Chris Swinson wrote:
Bart,

Already tried ;-) The cheapest one was $2000 or so, I still have the quote somewhere.. not cheap, but interesting ;-)

Chris