Re: [TCML] Small coil results

> No Ben, not hard to see because you described it very
> well. Who knows,  maybe you are seeing nearly 5000 bps!
> Cool!
>
> I would assume it's not running so good (but that is only
> an assumption  and relative to other bps rates). What are
> the sparks like at the top? I  have an imagination but no
> experience at that bps, so my imagination is  worth very
> little.
>
> Take care,
> Bart

Well for one the sparks look fat and fuzzy. think of the
banjo effect at 5khz. Then again they
aren't particularly bright, as i'm using a salt water cap
after all (ran out of salt too - the water
isn't very conductive - and using steel wire for the
interconnects! - possibly the worst cap
ever made for tesla use!!).
>From watching other peoples' coils run it would appear they
are also more tightly packed
than normal, branching a lot more. The sound of this coil is
not the usual 50/60Hz buzz, but
more of white noise modulated at 50Hz.
Also, there is one big disadvantage about this breakrate -
the spark gap nearly melts itself,
and becomes very unstable ( it was firing fine one minute,
then refused to do anything unless
i closed one segment in a little ). Got to build a better
gap to enable more than a 6 second
run.

ben