From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of David Rieben
Sent: Monday, April 14, 2008 5:25 PM
To: Tesla list
Subject: [TCML] First (or maybe 2nd) light on my medium-sized SG coil

Hi all,

I have finally gotten my mid-sized SG coil project up and running
A quick rough-up of the specs are about 28" of #22 AWG magnet
wire wound on a 6" ID (6.5" OD) white PVC pipe for the secondary
coil. The primary is 11 turns of 3/8" copper tubing wound in the
classic Archemdian spiral with between 3/8" and 1/2" spacing be-
tween each turn and the outermost turn has about a 12.5" radius
(25"diameter). After initial tuning, the primary has been tapped at
approx. 8 3/4 turns. The transformer is a 120:1 GE potential trans-
former (14,400 volt output).<snip>