RE: [TCML] MMC for 4 mot SRGTC

I have never built a MOT-based coil, so take this comment with a grain of salt, but is using a sync gap necessary?  Using a higher break rate would diminish the required cap value.  I think I've heard more async gaps used with MOT's than sync gaps.  Maybe the same with pole-pig coils.  A LTR cap there would be HUGE.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA