Re: [TCML] using larger secondary wire for the base

I usually do exactly as you suggest, both for the top and bottom of the coil, and haven't had any problems.

Henry

Scott Bogard wrote:
Hey all,
Quick question, I was trying to figure out a better way to attach my secondary to my ground and I thought of an idea. Basically there is a danger of snapping off the secondary wire if I solder a heavier cable directly to the thin 22 AWG wire, unless I wrap a few turns of the heavier wire around the base and secure it so that I can solder them together and have no fear of the joint breaking in case something gets jiggled. Is this a bad idea, I don't really see how, but I've never heard of anyone actually doing this. Assuming I use two turns or so the inductance change should be negligible. Thanks.

Scott Bogard.