RE: [TCML] Low voltage tesla coil

Reuben:

TIG welders (formal name GTAW - Gas Tungsten Arc Welding) operate at 20 to
80 Volts and typically 10 to 150 Amps.  Large units can go to 600 Amps and
higher.  The power supplies are Constant Current and operate in both DC and
AC modes - DC for ferrous metals and AC for Aluminum, Magnesium, etc.  Since
the process requires low voltage and high current a Tesla Coil is not really
applicable for this application.

See the TIG handbook for more info and block diagrams of the power supply:

http://www.millerwelds.com/education/TIGhandbook/pdf/TIGBook_Chpt3.pdf

Mark