Re: Dr.R's Bruiser Streamer Pic (Camera artifact) (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 10:14:12 +0800
From: Peter Terren <pterren@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Dr.R's Bruiser Streamer Pic (Camera artifact)

Purely a camera scanning artifact as it scans its CCD.  You are not
capturing a speed of light sub-nanosecond event.  I used to see this stuff
on my point and shoot digicam but not so much on my Nikon D20s.
See my streak camera stuff for the real time scales.
http://tesladownunder.com/HighVoltage.htm#High%20speed%20spark%20photography

Peter