RE: Winding Lathe Construction (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 13:54:05 -0700 (PDT)
From: Yurtle Turtle <yurtle_t@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Winding Lathe Construction (fwd)

It's a preference thing. I've wound all my coils this
way, while other folks prefer to spool it off the end.
I've never broken wire using this method, though I
could see how a smaller gauge wire on a HUGE spool
might cause problems. I bought my AWG 28 and 24 on
much smaller spools, so no problem with inertia. This
is 18, so it's pretty tough, and you might be amazed
at how smoothly the plastic spool spins on the 1"
steel bar. I also never had to stop fast, and could
have my wife coast to a stop when I got tired.

Adam

http://www.hot-streamer.com/adam/bigass_coil/coil01.jpg

http://www.hot-streamer.com/adam/bigass_coil/coil02.jpg

http://www.hot-streamer.com/adam/bigass_coil/coil03.jpg