Re: 4000 watt Audio Amp to drive Tesla coil (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 10:26:30 +0800
From: Peter Terren <pterren@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: 4000 watt Audio Amp to drive Tesla coil (fwd)

If you need a cost effective 2.5MA for 5 seconds use 14,000 car batteries
like the railgun people did.
http://www.arrl.org/rfsafety/lapin/2001/03/28/1/index.html Can't find the
original reference, sorry.  No doubt they didn't run the railgun on 12 volts
but used some series/parallel arrangement
You only need 0.0002MA so scale accordingly.

Peter

)