Re: ballast are bogus!!! (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2007 18:05:50 -0700
From: Barton B. Anderson <bartb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: ballast are bogus!!! (fwd)

Hi Gary,

>I'm having a hard time envisioning some way to use a SKIL saw for an RSG
>that wouldn't smoke it in short order.  That the saw was in fact
>grounded would only make its destruction more likely.

I expect the skill saw setup made for extremely high bps and probably
answers a lot of questions as to how the mains wasn't tripping as would
normally occur. It would also reduce the energy per bang. I bet if he
were to 1) ballast  and 2) build a decent RSG, he would do far better
than the lengths he's getting now.

Take care,
Bart