RE: kVA Effects on Broadway! and Patents (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2007 07:49:48 -0400
From: "Mccauley, Daniel H" <daniel.h.mccauley@xxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: kVA Effects on Broadway! and Patents

For one thing, DRSSTC technology is nothing new.  Double resonant solid
state switching circuits designed to generate high voltages have been
around for quite awhile and there are patents
which already cover this technology, so you wouldn't be able to patent
this anyways unless you made the patent quite specific to the particular
application.  The technology presented through the Tesla community maybe
new in that we are applying it to a Tesla coil where we rather "see the
arcs" rather than generate high voltage, but almost all the new solid
state switching schemes presented here are decades old technology when
looking in the grand scheme of high voltage generation.

Dan

Matt,

I believe you misunderstood what I was attempting to communicate.

They both could have given just as much to the (our) community without
compromising their own intellectual rights. Why give AND burn your
bridge?...  Why sell off a future if you don't have to. Why not show
your hand in poker if you're just playing with friends?...

Jeff

p.s Good thing wealth is not my motivation... I wouldn't be putting my
head on the chopping block so often...