Re: Soljacic wins $10k MIT Young Scholar Award (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2007 13:28:23 -0700
From: Jim Lux <jimlux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Soljacic wins $10k MIT Young Scholar Award (fwd)

Tesla list wrote:
> [...]
Yes.. Science Magazine about a month ago. Link in the archives

  All that I know of the project is from the media. Why not
> eliminate the middle man go directly to the source of the commotion? Who
> knows? Maybe the paper is poorly written and unscientific.
Not terrible from a writing standpoint, nor not entirely unscientific.
Also, if the
> paper isn't out for the public and the experiment repeatable, that is bad
> science.

Science is OK (repeats what's been known for 100 yrs), the objection is
to the presentation that this is something new and different (it's not),
and that it's going to revolutionize power distribution (it won't, not
given practical constraints)
I am probably an idealist by saying that last sentence. Still,

http://www.sciencemag.org/cgi/content/abstract/1143254