Re: FUN Electronic Kits, EICO, Heathkit, Allied, etc. (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 07:23:37 -0800 (GMT-08:00)
From: penny831@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: FUN Electronic Kits, EICO, Heathkit, Allied, etc. (fwd)

I blame it on the dumbing of America. Ok, maybe that's a little to
cynical. There's not that much electronics made in the U.S. anymore due to
over seas out sourcing. As a result, electronics have died out here. Much
of it, I believe, is due to the proliferation of the internet and
computers. Kids these days can work software but have not a clue how to
plug a computer in, or even how to change a light bulb. How many of you
out there have tried to explain something electronic only to see the other
persons eyes glaze over in confusement? That's just my rant on that topic,
please excuse me. It's all good. :-)

Tony