Re: Ballast Resistance For Pig Coils (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2007 10:19:29 -0700 (PDT)
From: Yurtle Turtle <yurtle_t@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Ballast Resistance For Pig Coils (fwd)

Yeah, I guess I wasn't clear. Everything in my panel
is grounded. That means it jumped from hot 1/8" to
ground. The actuator has a typical terminal strip for
line, and control. The posts on the back of the
terminal strip are about 1/8: from the bracket that
holds it, which is grounded. It may have happened
once, then simply been following the carbon. I'm going
to Home Depot to get more fuses for the actuator, and
some faster ones for the VFD. I have slow blow ones
now.

I did find a smoked EMI filter, but I don't really
know what caused what at this point.

I'm gonna start with several ohms and slowly work my
way up on amps. Once I get where I want, I'll work my
way down on resistance.

Adam