Charging Inductor Construction (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 21:52:14 -0500
From: Crispy <crispy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Charging Inductor Construction

Hello,

I've been working on the pulsed DTSG coil, and have finished the spark
gap, tank capacitor, de-Qing diode, and power supply.  The next thing to
make is the charging inductor, but I'm not sure what the best way to do
it is.  I need an inductor of anywhere between 25mH and 50mH that is
able to withstand 20kV across the terminals.  Single-layer air core
inductors of that value would have to be pretty big, and multilayer
inductors could arc between the layers.  Does anyone have any
suggestions on how to do this easily?  Also, if there are suitable
inductors which I can purchase, that works just as well.

Thanks,
Crispy