RE: MOT calc trouble (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 22:46:05 -0400
From: Scott Bogard <teslas-intern@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: MOT calc trouble (fwd)

Kris,
     I ran into the same trouble because I do not have tools.  But if you
have a multimeter that can measure up to 20 amps AC, you should be Ok.
Start with your ballast (if you use one) if you can measure the
inductance, you can calculate the amount of current it will pass, and
using turns ratio you can calculate the current output, if you cannot
measure inductance, use an over sized ballast, and measure current through
the whole circuit, then decrease your ballast until it rests at about
17-20 Amps, with your HV outputs shorted.  Once you can accurately measure
current you can decide what value cap to use.  Good luck.
Scott Bogard.