Re: Vacuum Tube Tesla Coil Design (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 23:43:59 +0200
From: Martin Damev <mdamev@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Vacuum Tube Tesla Coil Design (fwd)

Hello Tony, Matt and all...

Concerning two 4-400 tetrodes in a push-pull configuration:

Please be a little patient.
My HP Scanner gave up completely so I
decided to draw the circuit with GNU Eda
schematic Editor for Linux . This program gives
me some real headache. But I'm confident
that I will have a schematic for you in a couple
of days.

The circuit is just a design proposal. The
push-pull VTTC already mentioned with two
RCA 7843 tetrodes works well. It's performance
is ok, it could be better if the coupling between
secondary and primary would be tighter. But
its owner doesn't want to make changes to the setup.

Push-pull oscillators with tetrodes aren't exotic.
I designed and built a prototype 170 MHz-oscillator
with a 12 watt-double tetrode (type QQE 03/12 or 6360)
as demonstration model for showing the physics of
electromagnetic waves. Dipols and Lecher-lines can
be coupled to it. It works very well and the customer,
the physics department of a swiss university is very
happy with it. It too uses capacitive dividers for feedback.

Before I defintely decided to build my VTTC with a triode,
I planned a VTTC with two 4-125A or 6156 tetrodes. The reason
for changing my mind and switching to a single power triode
was that I got two new BBC T 380-1 triodes from a fellow valve
collector.

Will send you the schematics as soon as possible.

- Martin