RE: dual mot tc (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 14:29:08 -0400
From: Scott Bogard <teslas-intern@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: dual mot tc (fwd)

Clive,
     This will work, but you will need to drink a lot of soda!  You will
have to wire at least two bottles in series to prevent damage to the
bottles, I know, I have used them in a 2 MOT circuit before, they go bad
quickly.  You would be better off, in my opinion, to use glass bottles,
that way you don't need to series them, and while your capacitance may be
a bit lower, it won't be too bad because of glass's much higher
dielectric.  If you plan on building a large secondary, you will need an
awful lot of bottles no matter what you decide to use.  Best of luck.
Scott Bogard.