Re: double wound secondary (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 12:58:10 +0800
From: Peter Terren <pterren@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: double wound secondary (fwd)

2 layer coils.  If in parallel (as in Tesla service) then no effective
change in inductance just half the resistance. If connected in series then 4
times the inductance but useless for Tesla coil work as the end of one coil
will be adjacent to the start of the next but with 50% of the voltage across
it.
Does anyone really disgree with this?
Peter
http://tesladownunder.com