RE: secondary coil (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 00:20:24 -0400
From: Scott Bogard <teslas-intern@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: secondary coil (fwd)

Gary,
     It should very well be fine to use water based polyurethane, as long
as it completely dries before the coil is run.  I guess the concern would
be getting it "completely dry", even microscopic water pockets would
probably conduct TC high voltages.  Perhaps somebody out there would be
willing to do a test, after all, if it can be dried well enough, all that
will be left is non-conductive plastic, just like regular oil base
polyurethane.  If the test fails, there are still lots of other options
for us.  I've read about people using their own chemical concoctions, with
a variety of things such as lacquer and shellac involved.  And there is
always epoxy as well. Scott Bogard.