Sent: Monday, November 26, 2007 6:54 AM
Subject: RE: [TCML] pad mount transformer tesla coil

Why do you suggest that a pad-mount transformer requires more protective measures than a pole-mount transformer? Both operate in oil.

I would also question the use of inserting a 30 Ohm resistor to protect the unit. R-C networks provide high frequency attenuation, but a tiny resistor and/or inductor do not. The same rationale for NST protection applies here, though it's not clear that a distribution transformer requires any protection.

Regard, Gary Lau
MA, USA