Re: [TCML] Re: Spark gap Resistance

John,

Does the secondary only spark when the spark gap turns off ? I am trying to see if the coil could spark while the primary to secondary energy transfer
is still active... I was told that it only happens  when the spark gap
quenches ( turns off) and it is at this point the  energy is trapped, has
nowhere to go, and must break  out...

Chris,

No, that is incorrect theory. That's the Corum's theory. The Corums have
made many serious mistakes in their work.  In reality, the  secondary
streamers occur while the spark gap is firing.

On that basis, more cycles in the tank side could be better ?. I am thinking that the energy is ramped up slowly on the secondary so it can build up to a larger value..... rather than pumping power faster and having it break out quicker.... Maybe or maybe not true ?

Chris