Re: [TCML] Wanted (6) 8020 Vacuum tubes

Jim Mora wrote:

Hello All,

I am looking for (6) high conductance 8020 HV rectifier tubes and maybe a
spare, at reasonable pricing. New old stock would be great! Otherwise, I
would probably want to test them for near = conduction. This is for my 3P 6
pulse radar transformer for a stiff DCHV PS.

Otherwise, I will use a stack of 6 each 7500v 4a puck diodes (which I
already have) in place of the tubes - just about the right height. The
output has a 150 H reactor in the tank! Will any RF get past this back into
the diodes?

Thanks,
Jim Mora

Why not just use the diodes? Of course if you have the sockets and more importantly the filament transformer that's a bullet prooof way to go. As for the reactor, I wouldn't depend on it to keep "any RF" from getting through as it will have some distributed capacitance which WILL result in feed through. Good RF bypassing after an RF choke would be advisable, with the cutoff frequency way below your intended operating frequency.

Ed