Re: [TCML] Slow progress.

I use a homemade brass clamp. I took a 1/2" solid copper round stock with a length about 1.5" and drilled a 1/4" hole near one end, then drilled and tapped two #8 holes in the other end perpendicular to the larger 1/4" hole at the other end. I then cut the solid stock in the center along it's length. The 1/4" hole is now in half and is used to clamp 1/4" tubing. The other two tapped holes are used to align, tighten the clamp, and attach the feed wire to the clamp itself.

Got the idea from someone else on the list who showed us his clamp and I simply copied it. Works great. It's a bit of a pain to make, but once made, it will last forever. (I just don't like loose connections or connections that will throw corona around).

You can sort of see it in this photo.

http://www.classictesla.com/photos/ba45/s2749.jpg

Take care,
Bart

Tim Meehan wrote:
What sort of connectors do you guys use to clip on to the primary?
Alligator clips - or some other home made thing?