Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 10:16:58 +0900
From: Peter Terren <pterren@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Accidents -report or not?

You never hear of any accidents for two reasons: because people are ashamed to admit to them and because there is a feeling in the HV community that people start to compete (Thats nothin', I got a shock from a pole pig..").
The feeling here and on 4HV forum is that no-one wants to talk about them.
I strongly believe that this is WRONG.
Occupational Health and Safety (or what ever it is called where you are) for both government and business mandates reporting of all adverse problems. This is responsible practice the world over. I believe that we should come clean as a hobby on this with responsible reporting and indicating how things could have been done more safely. And for the record, I had one significant shock around 30mA a few years ago, documented on the old 4hV forum before the thread was shut down.

Peter   http://tesladownunder.com