Re: Accidents (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 19:55:33 EST
From: FutureT@xxxxxxx
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Accidents (fwd)

In a message dated 11/11/2007 7:02:02 P.M. US Eastern Standard Time,
tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

There  are a lot of coilers out there, some very experienced and some other
wise,  and a lot of coils, but I never hear of any accidents (God forbid)
It  amazes me that people are so careful. (this is a good thing) The way
things  are, I am surprised that we can get half the stuff we get. Such as
NST's,  OBIT's, Pole pigs and so on. A capacitor can store a charge for a
good  wile. there are so many places in this hobby that someone can get
hurt.  Maybe I shouldn't think about this, but knowing about what has gone
wrong  sometimes can help in knowing what to watch out  for.

Cheers,
Dave

Dave,

Yes, the safety record has been very good considering the dangers  involved.
I've heard stories of folks getting shocked by NST's and getting flung  across
the room wondering if they were still alive, etc.  Not fun.

John