Re: How'd they do this ?? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 13:20:24 -0600
From: Jeff Larson <jeff@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: How'd they do this ?? (fwd)

These videos are all from You Tube.  They then get linked to from other
video sites.  Some times the descriptions get lost or omitted or
edited.  Here is the description from the You Tube Video.

"Twin Solid State Musical Tesla coils playing Mario Bros theme song at
the 2007 Lightning on the Lawn Teslathon sponsored by DC Cox (Resonance
Research Corp) in Baraboo WI.
The music that you hear is coming from the sparks that these two
identical high power solid state Tesla coils are generating. There are
no speakers involved. The Tesla coils stand 7 feet tall and are each
capable of putting out over 12 foot of spark. They are spaced about 18
feet apart. The coils are controlled over a fiber optic link by a single
laptop computer. Each coil is assigned to a midi channel which it
responds to by playing notes that are programed into the computer
software.  These coils were constructed by Steve Ward and Jeff Larson.
Video was captured by Terry Blake. What is not obvious is how loud the
coils are. They are well over 110dB If you look at another You Tube
video which is from a different angle, you can hear the echo off the
building and get a better idea of how loud it is.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JScc2p...
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JScc2plLQOI> "

Jeff Larson