Re: inductance calculations (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 17:30:44 -0700
From: Barton B. Anderson <bartb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: inductance calculations (fwd)

Hi Matt,

I have never read Hull's Guide to the CSN. If the guide is used as a
mental exercise without building, depending on the detail, users may or
may not have noticed. Had they built a coil using the particular error
in question, then they would have encountered a problem. Considering no
one has mentioned it before that I am aware, I assume no harm done.
Books are full of errors, even many of our text books. A
professor/teacher will often point out the error right away, but I like
it when they allow students to find it.

Take care,
Bart