Re: secondary output calculations (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 17:59:19 -0400
From: Scott Bogard <teslas-intern@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: secondary output calculations (fwd)

6-in PVC (6.5od) wound 31-in with 22 AWG single build insulation.  Topload
is 2 toroids, one is 4-15, the other is 7.5-24 (but I am going to swap in
another 7.5-24 to replace the 4-15, I just haven't done it yet).  4 MOT
stack, so about 8kV RMS, ballasted at about 200-250 mA (I'm not exactly sure
about that one, but it is a decent estimate).  My primary cap is 81nf
(measured), and right now I'd getting about 4-5 ft arcs (which seems low to
me, but I have to play with the tuning some, and do  some other small
things.)  My voltage calculations suggested about 500-550 kV out (using 2
different formulas, but I may be mistaken).  Thanks.
Scott Bogard.

It’s free. http://im.live.com/messenger/im/home/?source=TAGHM_MAY07