Re: ARSG-BPS required with 2 MOTs?

Original poster: "Paul Benham" <paulb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Wyatt,

You will find that the voltage output drops as you increase the BPS unless
you have an awfully large capacitance in your power supply.  Capacitive
multipliers only charge the output capacitor on every other half cycle
unless you run full wave doublers in which case it is every half cycle which
is still only 100/120Hz.  I run from 100-300BPS because of this using an
ARSG.  I also use inductive charging on the output with a de-quing diode to
double the voltage again.  Currently I get 8.5' arcs to ground.  I have 4
electrodes on the rotary which goes up to 5000rpm.

Best regards,

Paul

P Benham
R&D Engineer

Wood & Douglas Ltd
Lattice House
Baughurst
Tadley
Hants   RG26 5LP
United Kingdom

Tel : +44 (0) 118 981 1444
Fax: +44 (0) 118 981 1567
www.woodanddouglas.co.uk
www.cofdm.com

This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may contain information
that is legally privileged. If you are not the named recipient, or
responsible for delivering the message to the named recipient, you must not
disclose, distribute, forward, copy, store or use this e-mail or its
attachments in any form. If you have received this communication in error,
please accept our apologies and promptly inform the sender by e-mail or by
telephoning the number above. You are also requested to delete this message
and any attachments from your systems immediately.  Although this e-mail and
its attachments have been checked by an up-to-date virus-checking program
before transmission, Wood & Douglas Ltd cannot accept liability for any
damage sustained as a result of software viruses that maybe present.

Registered Office: Lattice House, Baughurst, Hants, RG26 5LP
Registration No: 2844692