SRSG with only 1.3x LTR cap

Original poster: "Jonathon Reinhart" <jonathon.reinhart@xxxxxxxxx>

Hello everyone.

I used to be on here quite a bit back in the day, but got too busy at college to keep up. I just finished my first year of a Electrical/Computer Engineering double-major program at U. Dayton in Ohio, and I'm back home and ready to play with my 6" coil again. Last summer, my dad and I finished up a pretty decent SRSG.

Currently my coil is running a 12/60 NST, 12-segment Cu Pipe static gap, and .017uF cap, which is about 1.3x LTR (assuming resonant is .013uF). I would like to throw that SRSG on there and see how it works, but I'm not sure if my cap is big enough.... I thought it had been previously recommended to me to double my cap to .034uf which is about 2.6x LTR.

What do you guys think? Is it safe for me to try the SRSG with this cap or should I wait until I add more capacitance?

Thanks - its good to be back for a little while...

Jonathon Reinhart
<http://www.hot-streamer.com/jonathon>http://www.hot-streamer.com/jonathon