need help/capacitors and AC

Original poster: "Matthew Boddicker" <shmerpleton_town@xxxxxxxxxxx>

This is Matthew Boddicker

I am currently designing a MMC, but I need the right capacitor for the job. I am going with cornell-dubilier caps, but my recent calculations said that I would require around 1200 caps for a MMC.

My question is how does a capacitor react to different frequencies of current? the cornell-dubilier web page says that the cap can handle 500Vac at 60Hz. if my circuit for my coil operates on a much higher frequency will I require a higher ac voltage rating or a lower one?

last question but equally relevant. My NST's output is 15,000 volts, is that the voltage between both output nodes or is 15,000 the voltage between one node and ground?

Thanks,
Matthew Boddicker

Download Messenger. Join the i'm Initiative. Help make a difference today. http://im.live.com/messenger/im/home/?source=TAGHM_APR07