Re: Primary Support?

Original poster: "resonance" <resonance@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

White acetyl plate, tradename Delrin, works very good. The notches are cut with a bull nose cutter (1/2" or 1/4") on a milling machine. It only takes about 5 minutes to make all the cuts.

I usually line up the eight pieces, 1 inch high x 1/2 inch wide x 9-10 inch long, and then stagger them with a 3/16 inch offset before clamping them in the mill. The milling machine makes the cuts straight thru, and then later, when you set the blocks up on the coil, keep the outer ends even all the way around --- this produces the Archemedian spiral offset so each turn of copper tubing is offset 3/16 inch as it spirals around from block to block.

We cut the depth to 60% of the tubing OD --- this allows the tubing to "snap" into the notches.

I also offer a "milling service" to experimenters who do not happen to have a $20K milling machine sitting around. We charge a flat $50 per set of 8 blocks for the labor & machine costs, plus the cost of the block material plus shipping to your address. Usually works out to around $80 -$90 per complete set --- all cut and ready to install on your coil baseplate.

Dr. Resonance

Original poster: "H.S. J." <hsheltonj@xxxxxxxxx>
Do any of you have any good ideas of how to or what to make a primary support out of? Like, give me some ideas please :)