From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: PLEASE......need advice,  help with power supply
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 22:41:28 -0600

Tomas,

Well, that would just depend on how large of a coil
that you are wanting to build. If this is your first try
at building a Tesla coil, I would suggest building one
with your 4.5 kV NST, as a "shocking" mistake
would be painful, but not likely fatal. If you series
the (2)  5 kV, 5 kW transformers, that will give you
a 10 kV, 10 kW supply, or 10,000 volts at 1 amp.
You could drive a monster sized coil with this much
power, but a shock from this would likely be fatal
indeed! Most coilers go through the learning process
by building a smaller, lower powered coil on their
first try and then go on to building larger, more power-
ful systems once they've gained experience and finesse
in safely handling very dangerous high voltages.

David