RE: Wireless Power Transmission

Original poster: <davep@xxxxxxxx>

> So here we get to the crux of the matter. Is it your opinion that
> wireless power transmission violates the laws of nature?
   It is my obervation that, in any of the sense's proposed by
   Tesla, no _useful_ amount of power can be broadcast (and,
   most importantly: received.

   100 years of effort shows no reproducible use of, eg
   '_broadcast_ power to airships'.

  Exact defnitions are important:
     All 'wireless' involves wireless power transfer, of vanishingly
     small amounts of power to the receiver.
     (eg: I'g got ABC (from Australia) on the SW here in MA, USA
     as i type.)

     _beamed_ power (eg laser beams, microwave beams) seems maybe
     practical.

     Low efficiency 'induction' trasnfer is doable, but at, again,
     very low efficiency.  (eg the recent 'MIT Press Release', which
     appears to repeat Tesla's lab work.)

   Once someone _demonstrates_, and someone else _repeats_ the
   demonstration, repeatedly....

   best
    dwp